Showing all 3 results
OUR CLEANSE PHILOSOPHY
The purpose of the juice cleanse can be summed up in three simple factors:
- Flush the body of toxins (Cold pressed juiced is an extremely powerful alkalizer, pulling acidic toxins out of your cells and into the bloodstream where they are easily expelled by the bodies normal waste mechanisms
- Provide your digestive system a break (10% of our daily spent energy is used breaking down and assimilating food in the digestive tract)You will be consuming massive amounts of nutrition in the liquid form. The idea is to exclude as much dietary fiber, which is low in filtered cold pressed juice, giving your digestive tract a much-needed rest. Fiber is not as important in a juice fast because your system is not pushing bulky material through it. By freeing up the energy saved during minimum digestion, we now have more energy to carry out other daily functions within our bodies.)
- Kick-start a new diet or exercise plan (You can expect to lose water weight and built up matter from the intestinal tract during your cleanse. The idea is to safely drop a few pounds over a few days as you commit to a lifestyle change. Your palate will also begin to crave the taste of fruits and vegetables as you move forward in changing bad eating habits.)
By eliminating particular foods and beverages a few days before the start of your cleanse, you will allow yourself to reap the maximum benefits from your juice cleanse. Most importantly, never underestimate the importance of drinking as much water as possible.
AVOID THE FOLLOWING BEFORE AND DURING THE CLEANSE
- processed sugars
- processed meats
- Drink plenty of water.
- It is ok to indulge in a piece of fruit or raw vegetables. We do not suggest eating otherwise.
- Take a break from labor-intensive exercise, this is not ideal during a detox.
- Fight through the potential side effects. Headache, fatigue, and minor skin blemishes are all common symptoms of detoxification. The first day will be your hardest. Embrace the ride, this is a sign of your body ridding itself of harmful toxins.
- Focus on eating water-plump fruits and raw salads the days after you have ended the cleanse. Your body will continue to reap the rewards from the last few days of juicing. Properly ending your cleanse with non-processed foods is a crucial aspect of the process.
CALL US WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS!
THE PRESS JUICE AND HEALTH BAR
191 KENTUCKY AVE LEXINGTON, KY 40505